School Nutrition Operation Manager
Job Title: School Nutrition Operations Manager
Reports To: Head of School
Status: Permanent 12 months (Year Round Schedule)
Responsibilities & Duties:
The cafeteria manager will work under limited supervision reporting to the Head of School. The position will be assigned 4 – 5 hours per daily and responsible for the operation of the kitchen and related assignments.Job duties incorporated in this position will include but not limited to performing manual labor – food preparation, serving, meal setup, and cleanup. Other related responsibilities will include Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) records (Part 1 – Part 5), transport meals record, record leftovers as a part of completing daily productions records, managing point of sales records and maintaining an audit ready status.Other related tasks:
- Monitor quality, quantity , appearance of daily food order delivery
- Record HACCP daily temperatures
- Work with Data Compliance Specialist to enhance program offering
- Perform daily HACCP tasks – review kitchen and refrigeration food items for correct storing, dates, temperature and regulatory requirements.
- Complete daily Production Records for Breakfast, lunch and afterschool snacks– ensure all food items are records for menu compliance, portions received, quantity of food received, participation, leftovers and temperatures. Afterschool sheets are created and participation recorded
- Monitor processes to ensure programs such as; breakfast in classroom, afterschool snack, field trip and other SN procedures are in compliance
- Enter student rosters into the point of sales software ensuring student participation eligibility compliance
- Complete daily reports – Transport records, Production records etc.
- Create café number for new students and issue student meal cards for all students (at beginning of the school year)
- Monitor Department of Public Instruction state website for updates/new student information
- Assist with food preparation, as needed.
- Answers questions regarding food served. Should be prepared to answer questions regarding ingredients to address food allergies or meal components eligibility and related point of sales activity in detail professional manner.
- Serve as cashier during breakfast or lunch, as needed.
- Ensure the all SN procedures are enforced
- Perform other related work as required.
- Perform weekly inventory and submit inventory to Data Compliance Specialist
- Ensures all federal, state and local policies, regulations and procedures are enforced in accordance with the Department of Public Instruction for School Nutrition and Global Scholars Academy
- Report maintenance needs Data Compliance Specialist
- Assist with all tasks related to the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable program
Job Type: Full-time
submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org