PT Music Teacher (2018-2019 School Year)
Part-Time K-8 Music Teacher (2018-2019 School Year)
About the Position
Global Scholars Academy is seeking a K-8 Music teacher to lead different grade level classrooms. The ideal candidate for this position should possess a vision for providing all students with a high quality, rigorous music education.
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented, structured learning environment that invests students.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Teaches music education to pupils in grades K-6, and assists the staff of the school in the improvement and appreciation of music instruction.
- Helps students grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music through a variety of planned music experiences which include singing, moving to music, playing of instruments and listening and performs other duties directly related to this job description.
- Use assessment data to continuously adjust instruction and plan for targeted intervention.
- Evaluates each pupil’s musical growth, performance, and musical understanding. Assesses each individual’s contribution to the performance of the group.
- Actively seek opportunities to connect core classroom content to North Carolina common core music curriculum.
- Ability to collaborate with other core and elective teachers to create meaningful music projects.
- Design and implement rigorous unit and lesson plans and class materials.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Exemplify Global Scholars Academy core values of Protection, Affection, Connection and Correction in all interactions with students, families and colleagues.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Demonstrate mastery of your specific content skills and knowledge through completion and passing of relevant content-based Praxis Assessment(s).
- Actively participate in all professional development opportunities.
- Actively participate in team and department meetings and serve on school committees.
- Cultivate and maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues.
Education Background and Work Experience
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom;
- Proven track record of high achievement in the classroom;
- Eagerness for and openness to challenging, relevant feedback from instructional coaching and other administrative staff;
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects;
- Experience with Project Based Learning is preferred but not required;
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player;
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Valid State Certification is preferred. Belief in and alignment with Global Scholars Academy core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Compensation & Benefits
Global Scholars Academy offers a competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience. Additionally, GSA offers excellent benefits , including vision, dental, medical, 3% 401K Match, Sick Leave, teacher laptop, classroom technology, and more.Global Scholars Academy offers a competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience. Additionally, GSA offers excellent benefits , including vision, dental, medical, 3% 401K Match, Sick Leave, teacher laptop, classroom technology, and more.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.