About: Ashley McRae
- Role : Counselor, 5-8
- Website : http://06-Oct
- Experience : Macon, GA
- Specialist in : East Carolina University
- Family Life: I am an only child. I moved to North Carolina from Maryland to attend East Carolina University. I decided to move back to the Durham area during my first year teaching and have been down here ever since. I have been married to my husband Lee for almost two years now. We have two amazing little dogs, Chip and Roofus.
- Fun Fact: During my first year teaching, I taught at the same elementary school where my mother worked and where I attended elementary school. It was an awesome experience to get to work with some of my old teachers as colleagues.
- My Teaching Philosophy: I believe all students have the potential to be successful. We as educators must learn to find creative ways to tap into that potential to unlock that students' natural skills and abilities.
- What I Wish was True for Every Child: I wish every child by their last year of high school is instilled with a passion for learning.
- Favorite Food: Yams and Mac & Cheese
- Favorite Color: Shades of Blue
- Favorite Song: "Love on Top" by Beyonce
- Favorite Book: Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss
- Favorite Subject: Math
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Anywhere sunny and beachy!
- Favorite Quote: "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou