Applying for Admission
Global Scholars Academy seeks to provide students and families with a rigorous, experiential, and holistic curriculum.
Global Scholars Academy is Tuition Free!
Global Scholars Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender, mental or physical disability, special needs, English language proficiency, athletic ability or academic achievement in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic and other school-administered programs.
ADMISSION PROCEDURES : Applicants may download an application online or you may visit Global Scholars Academy, 311 Dowd Street, Durham, NC 27701 to complete a paper application in person.
Methods to Submit Application
Mail: Global Scholars Academy, 311 Dowd Street, Durham, NC 27701
Fax: (919) 956-8535
Email: scan application and return to email@example.com
**NOTE** All applicants will receive a letter and/or email acknowledging that we have received your application.
You may submit only one application for admission for each child.
You must apply by Friday April 8, 2013, no later than 5:00 PM to be considered for the lottery. If you apply after this date your child will placed on the waiting list.
If you are unable to view the application, please download, Adobe Reader, a free software application.
- If there are fewer applicants than slots available, all applicants will be admitted.
- If there are more applicants than available slots a lottery will be held on Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 10 AM in the school’s gymnasium and is open to the public. You DO NOT HAVE to be present to be selected for admittance.
- Families selected for admittance to Global Scholars Academy must read and agree to follow Global Scholars Academy’s policies and procedures as outlined in the school’s handbook.
- Global Scholars Academy does not provide transportation to and from school.
- The appearance of students should be conducive to learning and reflect the serious commitment of our learning environment. Students are expected to be neat, clean and dressed in an approved school uniform every day.
- Global Scholars Academy will send an acceptance letter and confirmation form to each family chosen through the lottery. This confirmation form will need to be completed, signed, and returned to the school by Wednesday, May 1, 2013. This form will be used to confirm your commitment to Global Scholars Academy and release your records from your current school. Failure to return your confirmation will nullify your acceptance.
- Students not admitted through the lottery will be placed on a waitlist. If a spot becomes available we will contact families in order of their waitlist number.
- Global Scholars Academy recommends that parents/guardians fulfill three volunteer hours per month.