Potential Opening (Elementary) – 2018-2019 School Year
K-5 Elementary Education Teacher
Global Scholars Academy is seeking a K-5 Elementary Education Teacher teacher to lead different grade level classrooms. The ideal candidate for this position should possess a vision for providing all students with a high quality, rigorous education.
Who You Are
- A go-getter that will move mountains to do what is best for our students and team;
- An encourager that recognizes the power and potential within all students;
- A life-long learner that continuously strives to be a better version of themselves through learning, improving and being hungry for feedback;
- A jovial giant who knows that with learning comes joy, love and laughter;
- A gritty problem-solver who approaches challenges with smart solutions in mind;
- A detail maven who plans backwards to meet timelines and manage complex projects;
- A data-driven analyst who reflects and takes swift action based on results;
- A proactive communicator who reaches out to students, families, and teammates.
What You’ll Do
- Bring it. Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your best self to an extended school day in a very high-performing school environment;
- Own and develop your own content and curriculum. Do the intellectual preparation needed to create and develop rigorous assessments, unit plans, lesson plans, and instructional materials; demonstrate expertise in and a genuine passion for curriculum that is contagious to students.
- Deliver strong. Dynamically lead students in whole-class and small-group settings, cultivate intellectual curiosity and a love of learning in students, and adjust instruction using qualitative and quantitative data to ensure student understanding and meet differentiated student needs;
- Reach higher – and sweat the small stuff. Develop, uphold, and implement Global Scholars Academy values, policies, and systems to effectively manage a classroom and consistently lead students to meet sky-high academic and character-based expectations.
- Never stop growing. Offer and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant improvement; dive humbly into school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Spread the love. Build deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of joy and community. Maintain strong lines of communication with families about student progress, and go above and beyond to support and collaborate closely with teammates in the united
Education Background and Work Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Valid State Certification is preferred. Belief in and alignment with Global Scholars Academy core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Compensation & Benefits
Global Scholars Academy offers a competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience. Additionally, GSA offers excellent benefits, including free medical, Dental, Vision, 3% 401K Match, Sick Leave, teacher laptop, classroom technology, and more.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.