Extended Day Afterschool Teacher
21st CCLC INSTRUCTORS (2:45pm-6:45pm)
Global Scholars Academy is seeking highly qualified (K-8) extended day instructors for its 2017-2018 afterschool program. Instructors may be certified teachers and/or classified personnel.
21st CCLC is a state-funded program, under No Child Left Behind, designed to provide extended learning and enrichment opportunities to students and parents. Activities and classes are provided at Global Scholars Academy. The 21st CCLC will be open 3 hours after school for planned activities, Monday through Friday.
EXTENDED DAY TEACHERS
GSA is seeking an Extended Day Teacher that establishes a rich and engaging learning environment and effectively maintains discipline within their class. Extended Day Teachers collaborate with other team members to create a seamless transition between the regular school day and extended day, providing enriching activities that support math and literacy development for GSA students. The school emphasizes creativity and personalization with both students and teachers. Regular components of the job include recreation, performing and visual arts, interactive reading,math and science activities. Extended Day Teachers use their knowledge of the development of young children and the ways in which young children learn to support the social, emotional and cognitive development of young children. The Extended Day Teacher reports to the Assistant Head of School. Salary is commensurate with degree and experience and includes incentives for teaching excellence and leadership.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instructor will be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of 20+ students ranging from (k-8).
- Instructors will ensure all homework and academic enrichment assignments are complete.
- Instructor lead the group, running daily activities and are responsible for insuring their groups overall safety.
- Enrichment Specialist ensures activities are delivered correctly with a focus on building student character and excitement for learning.
Job Type: Part Time
- Applicant must be 18 or older.
- Applicant must have 1+ years of experience with children.
- Applicant must adhere to a mandatory background check.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.